A Homemade Vegan Granola recipe made with oats, nuts, cinnamon, and dried fruit. Perfect for breakfast or snacking. Vegan & Gluten-free
I always struggle to find a good granola in the stores – one that is crunchy, but not hard on the teeth, a little sweet, but not overwhelmingly so, and packed with healthy ingredients. So in the end, I usually just end up making my own at home.
And it’s no wonder, as this Homemade Vegan Granola is really simple to make and quick to come together. You only need 8 basic ingredients and about 30 minutes of time – half of it is just the granola baking and turning delicious.
If you, too, would like to try a healthier and better granola, give this recipe a try!
Za slovenski recept klikni tukaj!
Ta recept smo pripravili v sodelovanju z namazi Violife.
Homemade Vegan Granola Ingredients
To make this Vegan Granola recipe you will need only 8 ingredients:
- rolled oats, do not use instant oats in this recipe
- mixed nuts, we used pecan nuts, almonds, and roasted hazelnuts in this recipe, but you can mix and match as you like. We would also recommend using walnuts, or cashew nuts
- rice puffs, these are a bit optional but they add a nice texture to the finished granola
- cinnamon for extra flavor
- a bit of salt to balance the flavors
- Violife Viospread vegan spread, vegan butter, or coconut oil
- olive oil
- maple syrup to sweeten your granola and make it sticky
How to make Homemade Vegan Granola
Start by preheating the oven and lining two large baking trays with parchment paper.
Next, you will want to chop your nuts roughly – do not chop them too finely, and don’t use a food processor, as they may turn out too finely ground and resemble flour. We recommend just chopping them by hand.
Then, take all your dry ingredients, except the dry fruit. Add the rolled oats, chopped pecan nuts, chopped almonds, chopped roasted hazelnuts, rice puffs, cinnamon, and salt to a large bowl and stir to combine.
Heat the vegan spread Violife Viospread on medium heat until melted. Then whisk in the olive oil and maple syrup until fully combined. It should resemble a dark brown caramel in color.
Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until fully coated.
Spread the mixture on the baking trays lined with parchment paper and spread them evenly in a thin layer – make sure the layers are not thick or the granola will end up cooking, think oatmeal. We don’t want that, so keep the layers thin.
Place the baking trays into the preheated oven and bake at 160°C / 320°F for about 15-20 minutes, giving it a stir halfway through the baking. The granola is done when it’s golden brown in color and turning crispy – it will harden and get crispier as it cools.
Remove the baked granola from the oven, then stir in the chopped dry fruits.
The granola is ready to be used as soon as it cools down.
Watch the video recipe here:
View this post on Instagram
You can enjoy this granola as a crunchy snack during the day, or use it as a topping to your yogurt or oatmeal.
Store the granola in a dry air-tight container in your cupboard for up to one month. Do not refrigerate as it may get soggy.
More similar recipes:
- Gingerbread Hazelnut Granola
- Crunchy Cacao Granola
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Breakfast Granola
- Honey Roasted Cranberry Granola with White Chocolate
- 300 grams (3 cups) rolled oats
- 125 grams (1 cup) pecan nuts
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) almonds
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) roasted hazelnuts
- 20 grams (1/2 cup) rice puffs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dry fruit (apricots, plums, raisins, cranberries,...)
- 115 grams vegan butter Violife Viospread
- 60 milliliters (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 80 milliliters (1/3 cup) maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper. Roughly chop your nuts.
- To a large bowl add all the dry ingredients, except dry fruit. So add the rolled oats, chopped pecan nuts, chopped almonds, chopped roasted hazelnuts, rice puffs, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Melt the vegan spread Violife Viospread on medium heat until melted. Whisk in the olive oil and maple syrup until fully combined and resembling a dark brown caramel in color.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until fully coated. Spread the mixture on the baking trays lined with parchment paper and spread them evenly in a thin layer.
- Bake at 160°C / 320°F for about 15-20 minutes, giving it a stir halfway through the baking.
- Remove the baked granola from the oven, then stir in the chopped dry fruits.
- The granola is ready to be used as soon as it cools down.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 54mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
- 300 gramov ovsenih kosmičev
- 125 gramov sesekljanih ameriških pekan orehov (ali navadnih orehov)
- 75 gramov sesekljanih mandljev
- 80 gramov sesekljanih praženih lešnikov
- 20 gramov riževih napihnjencev
- žličko cimeta
- pol žličke soli
- lonček sesekljanega suhega sadja po okusu (suhe marelice, slive, rozine, brusnice...)
- 115 gramov namaza Violife Viospread
- 60 ml oljčnega olja
- 80 ml javorjevega sirupa
- Pečico segrejemo na 160°C, dva velika pekača obložimo s peki papirjem.
- V veliko skledo dodamo suhe sestavine (razen suhega sadja) in dobro premešamo.
- Namaz Violife Viospread raztopimo na zmernem ognju, nato vmešamo še oljčno olje javorjev sirup ter dobro premešamo da dobimo strukturo tekoče karamele.
- Mokre sestavine prilijemo na suhe sestavine, vse skupaj dobro premešamo, nato pa kosmiče razporedimo v tankem sloju na pekača.
- Pečemo pri 160°C približno 15 minut, na polovici peke kosmiče premešamo.
- Pečene kosmiče vzamemo iz pečice, dodamo na kocke narezano suho sadje in ponovno premešamo.
- Uporabimo lahko takoj, ko se ohladi, ali shranimo v neprodušno zaprti posodi do en mesec.