This delicious Vegan Crunchy Cacao Granola is going to become your go-to breakfast!
Today is not really my day, or perhaps this whole week is not. I’ve bumped myself more times than I can count, my knee really hurts and right now the whole house is filled with smoke. Because apparently, even if you’re a food blogger, you are still more than capable of burning your food when cooking. So my lunch today: black potatoes. Because I have no will to start my lunch over or make anything else.
Anyone else as clumsy as I am?
Luckily, when in need and hungry, having granola at hand is always nice, so maybe breakfast for lunch?
I made this Crunchy Cacao Granola that is delicious and totally vegan a few days back, and apparently, good thing I did, cause I still may need it today if I want to eat.
Making this Crunchy Cacao Granola is actually really simple, too. You just mix rolled oats with some crunchy nuts, like almonds and hazelnuts, then add some coconut fat and cacao powder, mix well and bake until it gets to this luxurious brown color. You cool it down to let the crunch develop, and then you can keep it in an air-tight container for a couple of months.
But being as delicious as it is, I believe you’ll finish it off much sooner.
- 100 grams almonds, roughly chopped
- 50 grams toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 500 grams rolled oats
- 50 grams grain puffs
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbs coconut fat
- 4 tbs agave syrup
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- 3 tbs cacao powder
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Roughly chop up almonds and toasted hazelnuts. Place in large bowl and add rolled oats, grain puffs and a pinch of salt.
- Heat up a pan on low and add coconut fat. Let the coconut fat melt down, then add agave syrup and vanilla extract and mix well. Add to the oats mixture, then add cacao powder. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the granola mixture on baking trays covered with baking paper and spread evenly. Put trays into the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes, then stir the granola and bake for another 10 minutes, so that it's evenly baked. Remove from oven and let cool down for about an hour.
- Store in air-tight container for up to 2 months and use to serve on top of oatmeal, yogurt or fruit.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255.55Total Fat: 10.54gSaturated Fat: 1.77gSodium: 26.52mgCarbohydrates: 35.58gFiber: 6.08gSugar: 4.47gProtein: 8.44g
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate.