These Vegan Garlic Butter Dinner Rolls are soft and fluffy and go great as a side to your meals or a sandwich base. Vegan & Delicious.
As far as homemade bread goes, these Vegan Garlic Butter Dinner Rolls are way up there in the top favorites. And no wonder! They are very easy to make, look and taste fantastic, are versatile to use, and will impress everyone at your kitchen table. They are perfect to serve at your holiday table, but also make a great party favor.
Best thing? They are soft, fluffy, tasty, and fully plant-based.
Za slovenski recept klikni tukaj!
Ta recept smo pripravili v sodelovanju z namazi Violife.
Vegan Garlic Butter Dinner Rolls Ingredients
To make this tasty recipe you will need:
- unsweetened plant milk, soy milk, or almond milk will work well in this recipe, just be sure to use natural unflavored, and unsweetened milk
- sugar, just a tablespoon to bring the flavors out
- yeast, we used active dry yeast in this recipe as it’s the one most convenient to us, but fresh yeast will also work (make sure to correctly adjust the measuring if using fresh yeast)
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder will help keep the rolls fluffy and soft
- vegan butter Violife Vioblock, or similar alternative
- garlic, a clove or two to make the garlic butter – we like our garlic, so we used more!
- fresh parsley for the garlic butter
We used the Violife Vioblock vegan butter alternative in this recipe, which is perfect for cooking and baking – we like how it most resembles real butter, but is of course plant-based and thus dairy-free.
How to make Vegan Garlic Butter Dinner Rolls
To make this recipe, start by activating your yeast – mix lukewarm unsweetened plant milk and sugar in a bowl, then stir in the yeast. Cover and let sit for about 10 minutes, until the yeast rises, and turns foamy.
Meanwhile, stir together flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Once the yeast is foamy, add it to the flour along with melted vegan butter Violife Vioblock. Give it a good mix to combine the ingredients, then proceed to knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it turns smooth and elastic. You can do this by hand or using a kitchen robot.
Once the dough is kneaded and smooth, place it in a lightly greased bowl, cover it with cling wrap, and let rise for about 1-2 hours, or until the dough has doubled in size.
Once the dough has risen, drop it on a lightly floured working space, then divide it into 12 roughly equal pieces. I used a scale to help weigh each dough piece to be sure they are even in weight, so they will also bake evenly.
When your dough is divided, shape each dough piece into a ball and place it into a lightly greased baking pan. Cover the rolls with a kitchen towel and let rise another hour or so, until doubled in size. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F.
Once the rolls have risen, place the baking tray into the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown in color.
While the bread rolls are baking, prepare your garlic butter. Add the vegan butter Violife Vioblock to a saucepan and let it melt on medium heat. Continue cooking while stirring until the butter clarifies and starts smelling nutty and fragrant. This should take about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and let it cook for a minute until fragrant. Lastly, stir in the chopped parsley and remove from heat.
When the dinner rolls are baked, remove them from the oven and immediately spread them with the garlic butter mixture on top.
The garlic butter will soak into the freshly baked bread rolls, adding to their softness and flavor, and also keeping them fresh for longer.
You can serve the garlic butter dinner rolls as soon as they cool down slightly – freshly baked, warm, and tender are the way we like them best!
You can enjoy them as a side to your dinner, but they can be enjoyed for breakfast or a snack as well – load them up with some vegan cheese and vegetables like tomatoes or cucumbers and they make a great sandwich!
We recommend storing these garlic butter dinner rolls in an air-tight container or bread storage for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze these rolls for up to 3 months. Then just thaw them out on the kitchen counter before serving. For best results, we recommend warming them up slightly after thawing, in a microwave, or in an air fryer – just a couple of minutes will do.
More similar recipes:
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread Rolls
- Easy Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- Easy Homemade Bagels
- Vegan Hot Cross Chocolate Buns
- 300 milliliters unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 7 grams dry yeast
- 500 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 70 grams vegan butter Violife Vioblock
- 2 tbsp vegan butter Violife Vioblock
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- In a bowl mix lukewarm unsweetened plant milk and sugar. Stir in the yeast, cover the bowl, and let sit for about 10 minutes, until the yeast activates, rises, and turns foamy.
- To a large bowl add flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir to combine, then add the yeast mixture and the melted vegan butter Violife Vioblock. Knead for about 10 minutes into a smooth and elastic dough. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover it with cling wrap, and let rise for about 1-2 hours, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, dump it on a lightly floured working space, then divide it into 12 roughly equal pieces (you can weigh each dough piece to be sure they're even in weight). shape each dough piece into a ball and place it into a lightly greased rectangular baking pan. Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let rise another hour or so, until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Once the rolls have risen, place the baking tray into the preheated oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown in color.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic butter: add the vegan butter Violife Vioblock to a pan and let it melt on medium heat. Continue cooking while stirring often until the butter clarifies, about 5 minutes - the butter will start smelling nutty and fragrant. Add minced garlic and let it cook for a minute, until fragrant. Lastly, stir in the chopped parsley and remove from heat.
- When the dinner rolls are baked, remove them from the oven and immediately spread them with the garlic butter mixture on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 248mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
- 300 ml nesladkanega rastlinskega mleka
- 1 žlico sladkorja
- 7 gramov suhega kvasa
- 500 gramov moke
- zvrhana žličko soli
- žlička pecilnega praška
- 70 gramov Violife Vioblock veganskega masla
- 2 žlici Violife Vioblock veganskega masla
- 1-2 stroka česna
- žlica sesekljanega peteršilja
- V posodi zmešamo mlačno nesladkano rastlinsko mleko in sladkor. Vmešamo kvas, pokrijemo in pustimo počivati 10 minut, da se kvas aktivira.
- V veliko skledo dodamo moko, sol in pecilni prašek. Premešamo, nato dodamo kvasno mešanico in stopljeno vegansko maslo Violife Vioblock. Zgnetemo v gladko in elastično testo, ki ga nato prestavimo v rahlo namaščeno skledo. Pokrijemo s folijo za živila in vzhajamo 1-2 uri, oziroma tako dolgo, da se prostornina testa podvoji.
- Vzhajano testo zvrnemo na delovno površino, razdelimo na približno 12 enakih delov, in vsak kos testa zvaljamo v kroglico. Kroglice testa postavimo v rahlo namaščen pekač, pokrijemo in ponovno vzhajamo eno uro, da testo naraste.
- Pečico segrejemo na 160°C. Ko je testo vzhajano, pekač potisnemo v ogreto pečico in pečemo 25-30 minut, da se kruhki zlato zapečejo.
- Ta čas pripravimo česnovo maslo: Violife Vioblock raztopimo na srednjem ognju in pokuhamo par minutk, da se zbistri. Dodamo drobno sesekljan česen in pokuhamo minutko, da zadiši. Nazadnje vmešamo še sesekljan peteršilj. Odstavimo z ognja.
- Pečene kruhke vzamemo iz pečice in takoj premažemo s česnovim maslenim premazom in postrežemo.