This easy Vegan Mac and Cheese is the perfect comfort food, made in 15 minutes with just 5 ingredients! Super easy & quick recipe.
This Easy Vegan Mac and Cheese is a satisfying dish for when you crave comfort food. It’s a cheesy, creamy, and seriously delicious pasta dish that is quick and easy to make, too, only needing about 20 minutes of cooking time (less if you multitask and your water boils quickly!).
You also need just a couple of pantry ingredients to make this recipe, so it’s very convenient to whip it up for a mid-week dinner.
This Mac and Cheese is also fully plant-based, so it’s vegan and also allergy friendly, a win-win!
Za slovenski recept klikni tukaj!
Ta recept smo pripravili v sodelovanju z namazi Violife.
Vegan Mac and Cheese Ingredients
To make this super simple Vegan Mac and Cheese you will need the following ingredients:
- macaroni pasta – we like the small elbows shape in this recipe, but other small shapes of pasta will also work
- vegan butter – we recommend using the Violife Vioblock vegan butter alternative in this recipe
- all-purpose flour to help thicken the sauce
- unsweetened soy milk or other plant milk, just make sure it is unsweetened
- vegan cheddar cheese – we recommend using the Violife Cheddar Block in this recipe, but other plant alternatives should also work. You could also replace half the cheddar with some mozzarella flavor
- salt and pepper
- garlic and paprika powder for extra taste
If you like you could also add a tablespoon of nooch (nutritional yeast) in there for an extra cheesy flavor.
How to make this Easy Vegan Mac and Cheese
Making this recipe is super easy and quick!
First, you’ll want to start by cooking your pasta – just add pasta to a pot of boiling salted water, cook as per package instructions (we cooked it for 9-10 minutes until al-dente). When the pasta is ready, reserve a cup of the cooking water, and then drain the pasta.
While the pasta is cooking, start on your sauce – add some Violife Vioblock vegan butter to a pot and let it melt. Once it turns a clear color and starts to brown lightly, add the flour and whisk it in to form a thick paste. Make sure there are no lumps of flour visible.
Now, slowly start pouring in the soy milk in a stream, adding little by little, and whisking all the time while pouring. When the sauce is fully combined, continue cooking it for another 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly until the sauce thickens. This makes for like a bechamel sauce.
Add in the shredded vegan cheddar cheese and the seasoning – salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika. Stir it all in until the cheese is fully melted into a thick and creamy sauce.
Lastly, add in the cooked and drained pasta, folding it into the cheesy sauce.
If the cheese sauce is too thick, add in some (or all) of the reserved pasta water to thin it out and make the sauce even creamier.
That’s it, your vegan mac and cheese is ready to be served!
See the video recipe here:
View this post on Instagram
We recommend serving this vegan mac and cheese immediately and hot.
We like to serve it with some toasted breadcrumbs on top or with some grated vegan parmesan cheese.
Leftovers keep well refrigerated in an air-tight container for 3-4 days, so you can make this dish as part of your meal prep.
The cheesy sauce will harden a bit and get thicker once cold, so warm it in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving, to bring the sauce back to a creamy texture. I also recommend adding a splash of water to thin the sauce when reheating.
You can also freeze any leftovers for up to 3 months.
More similar recipes:
Easy Vegan Mac and Cheese
This easy Vegan Mac and Cheese is the perfect comfort food, made in 15 minutes with just 5 ingredients! Easy & quick recipe.
- 350 grams macaroni pasta
- 60 grams vegan butter Violife
- 35 grams all-purpose flour
- 620 milliliter unsweetened soy milk
- 120 grams shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- Heat a large pot of water. Once boiling, add salt, and the macaroni pasta. Cook for about 9-10 minutes, until the pasta is cooked al-dente. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water and then drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot, add the vegan Violife Vioblock butter, and let it melt.
- Add the flour and whisk it until combined with the butter into a thick and smooth paste, making sure there are no lumps.
- Slowly start pouring in the soy milk, adding little by little, and whisking vigorously after each addition until fully combined. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly until the sauce thickens.
- Add in the shredded vegan cheddar cheese and the seasoning - salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika. Stir it all in until the cheese is fully melted into a thick and creamy sauce.
- Lastly, add in the cooked and drained pasta, folding it into the cheesy sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add in some (or all) of the reserved pasta water to thin it out and make the sauce even creamier.
- Serve immediately. Optionally you can serve it with some vegan parmesan or toasted breadcrumbs on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 785mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
Recept v slovenščini:
Veganski makarončki v sirovi omaki
Super enostaven recept za makarončke v kremasti sirni omaki, in to brez mlečnih izdelkov! Za pripravo potrebujemo samo 15 minut in 5 sestavin (plus začimbe). Recept je pripravljen v sodelovanju z namazi Violife.
- 350 gramov manjših testenin
- 60 gramov Violife Vioblock namaza
- 35 gramov moke
- 620 mililitrov nesladkanega sojinega mleka
- 120 gramov naribanega veganskega čedar sira
- žlička soli
- pol žličke popra
- pol žličke česna v prahu
- četrt žličke paprike v prahu
- Zavremo lonec osoljene vode, vanjo stresemo testenine in skuhamo al-dente (približno 9-10 minut). Prihranimo lonček vode od kuhanja, nato pa testenine odcedimo.
- Violife Vioblock namaz raztopimo v posodi. Dodamo moko in z metlico dobro premešamo, da dobimo gladko kremo brez grudic.
- Počasi prilivamo nesladkano sojino mleko in z metlico stepamo, da se sestavine povežejo. Med mešanjem kuhamo 2-3 minute, da se tekočina zgosti.
- V tekočino stresemo drobno nariban veganski sir ter začimbe - sol, poper, česen in papriko. Ponovno z metlico mešamo, da se sir raztopi v gladko kremasto omako (veganski sir potrebuje malo več časa, da se popolnoma raztopi).
- V omako stresemo kuhane testenine ter dobro premešamo. Če je omaka gosta, lahko dodamo prihranjeno vodo od kuhanja.
- Postrežemo takoj. Po vrh lahko posujemo drobtine, ki jih prepražimo na žlici Violife Vioblock namaza.