This Gingerbread Hazelnut Granola is simply amazing! Packed full of festive flavors, vegan & gluten-free!
Mitja has been asking me for a new batch of granola for a while now. I had rolled oats conveniently at hand (4 packs even!) and as I was throwing ingredients together, I also found a pack of roasted hazelnuts and a forgotten opened pack of mixed gingerbread spices in the baking drawer.
What with my resolution to clear our the pantry (on a side note, that is going painstakingly slow), I decided even making a granola is a great opportunity to clear out opened packages and long-forgotten ingredients, right?
Unbeckoned to me, I ended up making our best granola so far.
This amazing Gingerbread Hazelnut Granola is…
Now, according to Mitja, there are faaaar too few toasted hazelnuts in here, so if you like them a lot, feel free to add more at will. I also chopped them up a bit first, just so you get even portions when serving.
I’ve got to say. I’ll be making plenty more of this granola and perhaps even use it as xmas gifts for our families.
- 500 grams rolled oats
- 150 grams roasted hazelnuts
- 50 grams almond flakes
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 3 ts vanilla flavored sugar
- 1 ts coconut sugar
- 1 ts cinnamon
- 2 ts gingerbread spice mix
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- In a large bowl, place rolled oats, roast hazelnuts, almond flakes and coconut flakes.
- In a small bowl prepare the dressing: olive oil, sunflower oil, maple syrup, vanilla flavored sugar, coconut sugar, cinnamon, gingerbread spice mix and a pinch of salt. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the rolled oats mix and mix in well until thoroughly combined.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and spread over the granola evenly, in a thin layer. Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, mixing occasionally for an even toast. Once crispy and golden brown, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container for a couple of weeks.
- Serve on yogurt with some maple syrup and berries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313.86 Total Fat: 21.25g Saturated Fat: 4.6g Sodium: 18.53mg Carbohydrates: 28.76g Fiber: 4.13g Sugar: 9.12g Protein: 5.38g
More delicious granola recipes here >
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback!