Vegan Pad Thai with Tofu in Peanut Sauce is a plant-based and gluten-free comfort meal, creamy and delicious! Ready in just 15 minutes.
Who else is already fed up with dieting this month? It’s cold, and the last thing we want right now is another bowl of salad. So, instead, we’ll be sharing some winter comfort meals to help you over the hump.
Today on the menu – Vegan Pad Thai with Tofu in Peanut Sauce. Say, what?
Now we understand, that this dish may not be an authentic Thai dish. It can’t be, as we live in Europe, and not in Thailand (sigh). We do not have the local ingredients available, but we tried recreating it with some of our local and in-season ingredients. It may not be authentic, but it’s damn delicious!
If you’ve never cooked with rice noodles, or peanut sauce, or tofu, there is no need to be intimidated by this dish. It’s actually super easy, and the whole meal comes together in just about 15 minutes. And oh, there’s almost no cooking involved! Yay! We’re all for minimum cooking / maximum taste meals!
So, there are 4 easy steps to make this Vegan Pad Thai with Tofu in Peanut Sauce:
Step 1: Prepare the peanut sauce. We recommend making the sauce first, as it can wait those 5 minutes while you prep the rest of the ingredients. Just throw the ingredients in a small mixer, blend and you’re done.
Step 2: prep veggies and stir-fry the tofu.
Step 3: boil a small pot of water and pour over the noodles to soak for 2 minutes.
Step 4: combine everything on a plate and enjoy!
Now, how will you spend the extra time you just saved on not cooking?
For the noodles:
- 200 grams rice noodles
- 200 grams firm tofu
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbps peanuts
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- Prepare the peanut sauce: place ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add water in slowly, depending how thick or thin you want your sauce to be.
- Drain tofu, cut into dices, season with salt and pepper. Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan, add tofu and stir-fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables: finely slice purple cabbage. Coarsely grate carrots. Slice spring onions and finely chop parsley. Gently crush peanuts with a knife or rolling pin.
- Pour boiling water over the rice noodles and let soak for 2 minutes - or follow instructions on the packaging. Then, drain and leave to cool.
- Add peanut sauce to the rice noodles. Add 3/4 of vegetables, juice of half a lemon and mix together.
- Place noodles on plates and top with the rest of the vegetables, crushed peanuts and crispy tofu. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 730mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 18g
- See more delicious vegan recipes here >
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!