A delicious Vegan Hummus Chickpea Burger with hot pink beetroot hummus and an easy chickpea patty, that will satisfy even the carnivores!
It snowed yesterday and now it finally feels like winter. Though I am not particularly fond of the cold and the snow, I quite like looking at it from the comfort of our warm home. Yesterday we also learned, that our cat, who is spending his first winter with us, quite likes playing in the snow, but only for like 3 minutes, and then, he’s meowing at the door to be let in again.
So on such a white day, it seems fitting to bring a little color on the plate at least, with these cute-as-a-button Vegan Hummus Chickpea Burgers.
I mean, the colors!
This Vegan Hummus Chickpea Burger combines to of our most favorite recipes:
Which also shows how versatile these recipes truly are, as you can use them in so many meals throughout the week!
We’re thinking salads, buddha bowls, tacos and plenty more!
To make this Vegan Hummus Chickpea Burger you only need 4 steps:
- prepare the chickpea dough
- prepare the hummus
- cook chickpea patties
- assemble the burgers!
– Kristina, Mitja & Gingi
This recipe is sponsored by Hofer Slovenija (you may also know it as Aldi). It is our favorite grocery store and we love their products. If you are from Slovenia, do head over to Hofer’s Instagram account for even more delicious recipes 😉
- 250 grams chickpeas (canned or cooked)
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 cup parsley
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chickpeas (canned or cooked)
- 2 cooked beets
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 1 red onion
- 1 cucumber (or some pickles)
- 4 tbs cocktail sauce
- 5 small burger buns
- Prepare chickpea patties: peel and slice onion and place in a food processor. Add chickpeas, chopped garlic and parsley, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and cumin. Blend together. Then, add in flour and baking powder, mix in by hand until a dough-like texture forms and place in fridge for about an hour.
- Prepare beetroot hummus: if using raw beets, place in a pot of water and cook until fork-soft. Drain and cool down, then peel, cut into quarters and place in a food processor. Add drained cooked chickpeas (or use canned), finely chopped garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Blend until smooth, then slowly add in the olive oil, blending as you pour.
- Preheat a pan with some vegetable oil. Remove the chickpea dough from the fridge and with your hands shape the dough into patties roughly the size of your burger buns. Add chickpea patties to the pan and on medium heat cook for a couple of minutes, until the bottom side turns crispy and golden-brown. Flip the patties over and cook on the other side for another couples of minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Assemble your burger: cut burger patties in half horizontally and place in the pan inner side down to brown. Then, remove from pan and spread the bottom bun with pink hummus, add red onion slices, a chickpea patty and cucumber slices. Drizzle with cocktails sauce, add a lettuce leaf and top with the burger bun. Serve.
Store any leftover hummus in an air-tight container in your fridge to use through your week.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 529mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 10gSugar: 13gProtein: 14g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
You can connect with us on our Instagram, Facebook or on Pinterest. We share many behind-the-scenes photos and step-by-step recipes in our Instagram Stories, so be sure to check it out!
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!
Meal-prep these recipes for meals to last you the week: