These Carrot Cake Apple Breakfast Muffins are a delicious and healthier breakfast option for the family.
Hope you’re all doing well this winter and staying healthy! We’re all good so far, but hoping we don’t catch any flu this season. The flu sucks, right?
We’re trying to consume as many healthy ingredients as we can, be it in salads, main dishes, smoothies and sometimes even hiding them in our breakfast muffins 🙂
These Carrot Cake Apple Breakfast Muffins are simple and easy to make, as most of our recipes are. Because we hate complicated recipes and never want to spend hours and hours in the kitchen.
To make these breakfast muffins, you’ll need 2 bowls, 1 spatula, a grater, and a knife.
Start by adding the dry ingredients to 1 bowl. In a second bowl, mix eggs with sugar, then add in diced apples and grated carrots, chopped pecans and vegetable oil.
Lastly, combine the wet and dry ingredients and scoop the batter into the muffin tray. Then, off to the oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown and you’re all done!
These Carrot Cake Apple Breakfast Muffins are a bit chunkier than your usual muffins, but pack plenty of goodies and very little added sugar, so they’re perfect for your breakfast meal.
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 200 grams spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 60 grams sugar
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 cup pecan nuts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 170°C / 340°F. Line a muffin baking tray with paper molds.
- In a bowl mix together rolled oats, spelt flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs with sugar. Peel the apple and finely dice. Peel carrot and grate. Add both to the egg mixture. Fold in chopped pecan nuts.
- Add dry ingredient to the wet ingredients, mix together and lastly, add in the oil.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the batter and pour into the muffin molds.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes, until golden-brown.
- Remove the baked muffins from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 67mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 3g
This recipe is sponsored by Hofer Slovenija (you may also know it as Aldi). It is our favorite grocery store and we love their products. If you are from Slovenia, do head over to Hofer’s Instagram account for even more delicious recipes 😉
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!