This Date and Fig Energy Balls recipe is an easy-to-make snack, healthy and vegan. Made with figs, dates, oats, and almond butter.
What do you snack on when you need a quick but healthy energy boost? Make these tasty and healthy Date and Fig Energy Balls, a super easy and quick recipe!
Just gather your ingredients, toss them in a food processor, blitz, and shape them into bite-sized balls.
This recipe is perfect for a handy healthy snack that keeps up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
Za slovenski recept klikni tukaj!
Ta recept smo pripravili v sodelovanju z namazi Violife.
Date and Fig Energy Balls Ingredients
To make these tasty Energy Balls you will need:
- soft dates – the softest they are, the easier it will be to process them. If your dates have gone a bit tough, try soaking them up in hot water for 10-15 minutes before using them.
- soft dry figs – same as for dates, you can get soft dry figs or tough dry figs, the softer they are the better. If you don’t have or like dry figs, you can try using dry apricots instead!
- roasted hazelnuts
- rolled oats
- ground flax seeds to bind the ingredients together and add more nutrients
- pinch of salt to enhance the flavors
- vegan butter, we used Violife Viospread in this recipe, but other vegan kinds of butter will work as well, like Naturli. You can also try swapping the vegan butter for more almond butter
- almond butter
- vanilla paste or extract both will work fine
- water as needed, add it if the mixture feels dry and does not stick together when pressed into a ball
How to make Date and Fig Energy Balls
Making these Energy Balls is super easy!
Start by adding pitted dates, dry figs, and roasted hazelnuts to the bowls of a food processor, and pulse to break the ingredients down.
Then, add the rest of the ingredients: rolled oats, ground flax seeds, salt, vegan butter Violife Viospread, almond butter, and vanilla.
Mix again until a sticky and compact dough forms. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. If your mixture is too dry and does not stick, ass 1-2 tbsp of water as needed.
When the mixture is ready, scoop about a teaspoon of the mixture and roll it between your hands to form a small ball the size of a bite.
Repeat until you have used up all of the mixture. We got 24 energy balls out of the mixture.
Place the energy balls on a serving plate or in an air-tight container and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
That’s it, super easy and simple! These energy balls will provide your snacks for a whole week (or two) and are a healthy source of energy with slow-releasing sugars.
Watch the video below!
View this post on Instagram
Refrigerate before serving to firm these energy balls up. Then, just remove as many as you would like to snack on and dig in!
These energy balls make for the perfect snack on the go to give yourself a quick but long-lasting burst of energy.
Keep refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks. These energy balls will firm up once refrigerated and making them more sturdy to pack for a snack on the go.
More similar recipes:
- No-Bake Almond Pulp Energy Bites
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Truffles
- Almond Speculaas Cookie Bliss Balls
- 100 grams soft dates
- 160 grams dry soft figs
- 40 grams roasted hazelnuts
- 80 grams rolled oats
- 30 grams ground flax seeds
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter Violife Viospread
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1-2 tbsp water as needed
- To the bowl of a food processor add pitted dates, dry figs, and roasted hazelnuts. Pulse to break down.
- Add rolled oats, ground flax seeds, salt, 2 tbsp of vegan butter Violife Viospread, 2 tbsp of almond butter, and vanilla. Mix again until a sticky and compact dough forms. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. If your mixture is too dry and does not stick, ass 1-2 tbsp of water as needed.
- Scoop about a teaspoon of the mixture and roll it between your hands to form a ball. Repeat until you have used up all of the mixture. We got 24 energy balls out of the mixture.
- Place the energy balls on a serving plate or in an air-tight container. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Keep refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 64Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
- 100 gramov mehkih datljev
- 160 gramov suhih mehkih fig
- 40 gramov praženih lešnikov
- 80 gramov ovsenih kosmičev
- 30 gramov mletih lanenih semen
- Ščepec soli
- 2 žlici namaza Violife Viospread
- 2 žlici mandljevega masla
- Žlička ekstrakta vanilije
- Po potrebi 1-2 žlici vode
- V posodo kuhinjskega robota dodamo datlje, fige in lešnike ter na kratko zmiksamo.
- Dodamo ovsene kosmiče, mleta lanena semena, sol, 2 žlici namaza Violife Viospread, mandljevo maslo in žličko vanilije.
- Ponovno zmešamo in po potrebi mešalnik večkrat ustavimo, da postrgamo stranice posode.
- Mešamo, da se masa začne sprijemati v kepo in postane lepljiva. Če je masa presuha lahko dodamo žlico ali dve vode in ponovno zmešamo.
- Iz mase oblikujemo manjše kroglice, ki jih nato postavimo v hladilnik pred serviranjem, da se sestavine povežejo in kroglice učvrstijo.
- V hladilniku jih lahko hranimo do 2 tedna.