Vegan Tofu Chocolate Pudding is an easy protein-rich dessert that only takes minutes. Vegan & Gluten-Free, it uses silken tofu as its base. Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I often crave a simple chocolate pudding as a quick dessert, and making your own is actually super easy, only takes minutes, and is far better and healthier than the store-bought version. This Vegan Tofu Chocolate Pudding is creamy and rich, tasty and protein-packed. It is a decadent dessert that you can make any day, but especially for romantic holidays, like Valentine’s Day.
The perfect indulgence that only needs 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of your time!
Vegan Tofu Chocolate Pudding Ingredients
This chocolate pudding is very easy to make and only needs 4 ingredients:
- silken tofu will make the creamy base for this recipe. If you don’t have or like silken tofu, try our Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding recipe
- maple syrup will act as a sweetener, you could also use agave syrup
- peanut butter for added creaminess and richness, we like to use natural peanut butter that has no added ingredients such as sugar
- dark chocolate for the chocolate flavor
What kind of tofu to use in this recipe?
We recommend using silken tofu in this recipe. Silken tofu is a type of tofu with a high water content that can be easily blended into a smooth cream. It is very soft and can be compared to young cheese. You can probably find it in all major stores, in Asian stores, and online.
How to make Vegan Tofu Chocolate Pudding
Making this recipe is extra easy and simple and only takes like 5 minutes or even less.
So start by placing silken tofu, maple syrup, and peanut butter in a food processor or blender bowl and blend until smooth. This should take seconds.
If you don’t have a food processor or blender, a simple stick blender will also work!
Melt the dark chocolate over a hot water bath. I do a water bath by simply stacking a small pot over a larger pot, filling an inch of water in the bottom pot, and adding the chocolate to the upper pot.
Once the chocolate is melted and smooth, remove it from the heat and let sit for a minute or two to cool down to room temperature. Then, add the melted chocolate to the rest of the ingredients and blend again briefly, for the ingredients to combine.
Pour the chocolate pudding into jars or glasses and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the pudding to firm up – but it is best to leave it for at least 4 hours or overnight. So we recommend making this pudding a day ahead before serving.
And that’s your prepping done!
This chocolate pudding is best served cold, with a side of some coconut whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Don’t be shy to experiment with other toppings, too! Some fresh strawberries or raspberries would also go splendidly on top!
Another splendid idea is to simply dust the top with cacao powder and maybe a flake or two of salt to enhance flavors. Delicious!
Store the chocolate pudding refrigerated and covered with a lid or wrap to prevent drying out. It can be stored for up to 4 days, but keep the serving coconut cream separated as it will otherwise melt into the pudding over time.
In the freezer: cover the pudding with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 1 month. Defrost it overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
More similar recipes:
Vegan Tofu Chocolate Pudding
Vegan Tofu Chocolate Pudding is an easy 4-ingredient protein-rich dessert that only takes minutes. Vegan & Gluten-Free, it uses silken tofu as its base.
- 400 grams silken tofu
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- Place silken tofu, maple syrup, and peanut butter in a food processor or blender bowl and blend until smooth.
- Melt the dark chocolate over a hot water bath. Once melted and smooth, remove it from the heat and let sit for a minute or two to cool down to room temperature. Then, add the melted chocolate to the rest of the ingredients and blend again briefly, for the ingredients to combine.
- Pour the chocolate pudding into jars and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the pudding to firm up.
- Serve refrigerated with a side of some coconut whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 7g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.