An easy 5-ingredient Banana Chocolate Chia Pudding that is delicious and vegan, and just perfect for your on-the-go mornings!
Yes, we know we’re doing the whole Healthy January thing and you may think that putting anything with chocolate in there may not be sensible… but a) treating yourself once in a while will not hurt you, and b) this dessert / breakfast is actually on the healthy side!
We’ve been good for over 3 weeks, so time to treat ourselves!
As you may already know, making chia pudding is really easy, as you just place the chia seeds in liquid to soak (overnight works best), and then in the morning is ready to be served in whatever combination you prefer.
This simple Banana Chocolate Chia Pudding is dairy-free (made with delicious almond milk, yay!), plant-based aka vegan and gluten-free! It also has very little added sugar (just from the chocolate syrup and granola), so how about this amazing health-ish little treat in a jar!
You start with soaking your chia seeds in almond milk (or other plant-based milk, or you can also use regular milk) overnight, then making a layered parfait alternating with banana slices, granola, and chocolate chia pudding.
So this is a really easy breakfast to assemble in just a couple of minutes, even when you are running short of time. Just place everything in a jar, close the lid, pack your breakfast to-go and eat when ready!
And to go with this recipe make our amazing Gingerbread Hazelnut Granola! We love it and highly recommend this combination, but any other granola will do just fine.
- 30 grams chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 ts chocolate syrup (we used Nesquick)
- 4 tbs gingerbread hazelnut granola
- 1 banana
- Quinoa puffs
- Place chia seeds, almond milk and chocolate syrup into an air-tight container, stir well to combine and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, peel and slice a banana and place a couple of slices on the bottom of a bowl or glass. Add a sprinkle of granola and top with a couple spoons of chocolate chia pudding. For the granola we used this recipe of gingerbread hazelnut granola.
- Repeat with a layer or banana slices, a layer of granola and a layer of chia pudding. Finish with a couple almond slices and top with a sprinkle of quinoa puffs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234.4 Total Fat: 9.86g Saturated Fat: 1.64g Sodium: 96.49mg Carbohydrates: 32.42g Fiber: 9.58g Sugar: 13.23g Protein: 6.22g
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.