An easy radiant green Vegan Pea Soup that uses only 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to make a delicious meal!
We’re looking ahead at a prolonged weekend, as it’s a holiday on Monday in our country. Plus, we’ve taken a couple more days off work and have spent yesterday hiking through the woods on the lookout for forest blueberries.
It was a very hot day, but today the weather turned sour. It’s raining and it’s cold. The perfect weather for some indoors cleaning and a bowl of hot soup.
Fresh peas season is at its peak, so you should make this Vegan Pea Soup ASAP. But, if you can’t find fresh peas, frozen peas are just as good. Plus, using frozen peas means you can make this vibrant green goodness any time of the year!
All you are going to need is some vegetable oil, an onion, some garlic cloves, a potato, peas and some vegetable stock (or even water will work just fine). If you want to enhance the soup and its freshness, add some fresh herbs, like parsley and lovage (we love lovage in soups!). Just cook until fork-tender and then blend until smooth.
We strongly recommend serving this soup with a spoonful of plant-based yogurt or cream, a drizzle of olive oil and a handful of blanched peas on top.
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large potatoes or 2 smaller ones
- 300 grams peas, fresh or frozen
- 700 ml vegetable broth or water
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- fresh herbs to taste: parsley, lovage
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- olive oil
- plant-based yogurt or cream
- blanched peas
- chopped peanuts
- Peel and finely dice onion and garlic cloves. Peel and dice potato.
- In a pot, heat a table spoon of vegetable oil, then add onion and garlic and gently fry until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add diced potatoes and peas, pour over with vegetable stock and season with salt, pepper and finely chopped fresh herbs to taste.
- Let it simmer and cook on low for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes and peas are fork-tender. Then, remove from heat, add a tablespoon of lemon juice and blend until smooth in a blender (or with a stick blender).
- Pour pea soup on plates and serve.
- Optionally you can decorate with some plant-based yogurt or cream, a drizzle of olive oil, some thyme, a teaspoon of chopped peanuts and blanched peas.
- To make blanched peas: In a small pot, heat 3 cups of water. When boiling, add a handful of peas, let it cook for a minute, then remove the peas from the boiling water with a skimmer and immediatelly place in a bowl with iced water. Let it cool down for about 5 minutes, then drain and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182.9 Total Fat: 4.5g Saturated Fat: 0.9g Sodium: 649.9mg Carbohydrates: 29.8g Fiber: 5.4g Sugar: 5.2g Protein: 5.6g
- More soup recipes here.
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.