Guilt-free morning pleasure, this Sugar-free Choco-Coco Overnight Oats recipe is simply delicious. Gluten-free and healthy! <3
We are about to freeze over here! This morning the temperature was a freezing -17°C / 1.4°F. The car wouldn’t start and we had to replace the battery. The roller blinds froze, as they do every morning these days. We had to take our floor heating up a notch (and yay for floor heating, it’s the best!). The ground is frozen solid 20-30 cm deep (that’s about 8-11 inches). This winter is really cold and now we’re expecting the first real snowfall of the season.
All the more reason for delicious, but healthy food!
I don’t hide my love for oats. I eat oats regularly and happily, as it’s a filling & healthy breakfast option, that I can combine in many, many ways. I always try to keep it healthy and usually add no sugar, as in the case of this recipe. As I don’t consume much sugar anyway, my taste buds are already adjusted. So breakfasts, desserts & prepackaged goods are many times way too sweet to me (Mitja is even more sensitive, as he even takes his coffee straight black).
So this recipe works really well for me. I added unsweetened cacao powder for the chocolate taste, but no sugar. If you feel it is too bitter for you, feel free to add a teaspoon of sweetener of your choice.
This Sugar-Free Choco-Coco Overnight Oats recipe has no added sugars, and oats are naturally gluten-free, so it makes for the perfect healthy breakfast that will fill you up and make you feel & look great 😉 ❤
- 8 tbs rolled oats
- 1 cup / 230 ml milk
- 2 tsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 handful flaked almonds
- finely chopped 70% dark chocolate
- Put oats in a glass container, add milk, cacao powder and 1 tbs coconut flakes. Close container with lid, shake well and let in soak overnight in the fridge.
- After the overnight soak, remove the oats from the container and put in breakfast bowls. You can warm it on the stove or in the microwave beforehand.
- Then, add a splash of milk and top with more coconut flakes, flaked almonds, chopped toasted hazelnuts and finely chopped dark chocolate. Serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 8gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate.