Maple Roasted Salted Almonds are a delicious holiday snack and a perfect DIY food gift. Vegan & Gluten-Free.
First of all, we’re wishing you a very merry Christmas and joyful holidays. Hope you get to spend the holidays with your loved ones, perhaps with a lovely festive meal or two.
We have already had one lovely family lunch just yesterday, followed by a walk into the city to see the Christmas decorations and market craft stalls. We were so full from the big lunch that we just had some roasted chestnuts and some roasted almonds, but the weather was beautiful and not at all cold. It was lovely.
Today I am in the kitchen again, working on some dishes for yet another lunch tomorrow.
But before I get cooking, I just wanted to share with you my own version of roasted almonds, that is a bit different than the bought ones.
These Maple Roasted Salted Almonds are just delicious! They don’t get hard as they go cold, and are therefore easier on your teeth. Plus the combination of sugar, salt, maple, olive oil, and cinnamon is fantastic!
The only problem? They will be gone in a second, so make sure to make a double batch!
These Maple Roasted Salted Almonds also make for a lovely homemade food gift, just perfect for the holidays.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan oven 165°C) / 356°F (330°F). Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss almonds in a bowl. Add olive oil, maple syrup and a pinch of salt and mix well to combine. Place maple coated almonds on the baking tray in a single layer and place in oven.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until the syrup begins to caramelize, then remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- In a bowl, add sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add in the maple roasted almonds and toss to combine.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
- See more Christmas recipes here >
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.