This Vegan Quinoa Buddha Bowl uses kale and roasted chickpeas and is completed by a delicious Avocado Cream Dressing!
Missed us? Sorry for the long absence. We’ve first been away on a short holiday in Dublin, Ireland, then we took a couple more days off to rest… and when we returned to work, we were swamped.
Sometimes it’s tough to navigate daily chores and we just need to disconnect. It doesn’t mean we were not creating. We made plenty new and exciting recipes that we cannot wait to share with you!
Like this beautiful Vegan Quinoa Buddha Bowl that is a nutrient-rich & healthy gluten-free salad, perfect for meal-prep as well!
Buddha Bowls are all over the internet because they look beautiful and are really easy to make. There’s not much to it, and it’s usually just a salad-like meal in a bowl.
The first rule of thumb for making a buddha bowl: use some sort of grain. We used a quinoa mix, that is a great gluten-free grain source. You can also use rice, couscous, barley or any other grain you like, or even leave the grain out!
Then, simply add roasted or raw vegetables and fresh leafy greens. We used what we had in our fridge and garden, which is carrot, baby spinach, and kale. Lastly, add toppings, such as herbs, nuts or seeds and a dressing. And enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 small can chickpeas
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- spices: salt, pepper, turmeric, cayenne pepper, red paprika
- thyme and oregano
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup kale
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbs plant-based plain yogurt
- 2 tbs water, or more as needed
- Pinch of salt
- Squeeze of lemon
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions: add 1 cup quinoa to a pot with 2 cups of water, season with salt and bring to a boil. Then lower the heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, until the quinoa has soaked up all of the water. Remove from stove and set aside to cool. Run a fork through the cooked quinoa to loosen it.
- Prepare roasted chickpeas: open can, drain chickpeas and pat dry with a paper towel. Add a table spoon of oil and season with spices: red paprika, turmeric and cayenne pepper (1/2 ts each), pinch of salt, thyme and oregano. Mix well to combine, place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and place in the oven preheated to 200°C / 390°F. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the chickpeas turn golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the avocado cream dressing: blend ingredients until smooth. Depending how thick you like your dressing add more or less water. Store in an air-tight container.
- Prepare the vegetables: wash and dry baby spinach and kale, then cut into strips. Peel and grate carrot. Chop parsley.
- Assemble your quinoa salad: in a bowl, place cooked quinoa, spinach, kale, carrots, roasted chickpeas, and chopped parsley. Top with a squeeze of lemon and avocado cream dressing. Serve immediately, or store in an air-tight take-away container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379.5 Total Fat: 13.5g Saturated Fat: 1.2g Sodium: 326.6mg Carbohydrates: 38.3g Fiber: 14.5g Sugar: 10.1g Protein: 15.7g
Here are more delicious vegan recipes for you >
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.