Buckwheat And Brussels Sprout Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing is a great gluten-free meal-prep dish!
Are there any Brussels Sprouts lovers here? We get it, the vegetable is not very popular, but have you ever tried it raw in a salad?
Trust us, it’s good. It’s very different from the cooked or roasted vegetable, it’s fresh and crunchy, and makes a great salad base!
Meet our Buckwheat And Brussels Sprout Salad! It’s filling and light, crunchy and zingy with a delicious honey-mustard homemade dressing to bring the flavors together!
This time we combined the salad with some Mediterranean flavors, like prosciutto, feta cheese, olive oil, lemon juice and more!
This dish should be fairly easy to put together as it mostly uses pantry and fridge staples. But, bear in mind, this recipe is not vegan, though it focuses on plant-based ingredients.
Ready to give it a try?
- 200 grams buckwheat
- 500 grams brussel sprouts
- 1 tbps pine nuts
- 100 grams prosciutto
- 100 grams feta cheese
- 1 pear
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 3 tbsp water
- Wash buckwheat under running water, then cook it in 2 cups of salted water for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for another 15-20 minutes covered with a lid. The grain should be al dente. Drain excess water, wash the cooked grain under running water, strain and cool down.
- Remove outer leaves of Brussels sprouts, wash and dry. Slice thinly using a slicer or kitchen robot.
- Heat a pan to medium and lightly toast the pine nuts. Remove from pan.
- To the pan, add prosciutto and toast on both sides. Remove from pan and chop it.
- To a large bowl add sliced brussels sprouts, cooked buckwheat, toasted pine nuts, chopped prosciutto, and crumbled feta cheese. Slice or chop a pear, and add to the salad.
- Prepare salad dressing: put ingredients in a jar, close with a lid and shake it up, so the ingredients mix thoroughly.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, combine and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 470Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 994mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 17g
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
- Find more pantry-meal recipes here!
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!