Creamy and refreshing Vegan Basil Cucumber Gazpacho needs no cooking and just 15 minutes prep time. Just blend, chill and serve!
We love the long summer days. Yes, it may be hot, but that’s part of the summer charm. And the awaiting of the evening when it cools down. Ice creams, flip flops, watermelon, and salads. I am a summer child and I love everything about summer.
Summer is also the time when we often say no to cooking, opting rather for low-key and no-cook meals. The garden is abundant and there are always fresh vegetables to choose from.
As we are awaiting the first of the tomatoes to make salads, sauces, and soup, we picked cucumbers to make this Vegan Basil Cucumber Gazpacho.
This basil cucumber gazpacho soup is plain perfect for hot summer days as it is made with raw ingredients and requires no cooking at all!
Too hot to cook? Just turn on the blender for a minute and lunch is served.
What is gazpacho?
Gazpacho is a blended soup made with raw vegetables, originating from Spain. Originally made with tomatoes, the cucumber version is just as refreshing and delicious!
To make this cucumber gazpacho you will need:
- cucumber, use one large (the salad kind), or up to 3 smaller ones. If your cucumber has a hard peel, I recommend peeling it first – so if you would eat it with the peel on in a salad, it’s fine to leave it, otherwise peel it. Also, if your cucumber has large seeds, be sure to scoop them out before blending.
- avocado for creaminess
- spring onion
- coconut yogurt for creaminess, tanginess, and refreshing taste. Can be swapped with neutral unsweetened soy yogurt.
- herbs, such as basil, parsley, and mint, or other herbs to your taste
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- white balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- and water as needed
How to make vegan basil cucumber gazpacho
Making this cucumber gazpacho is really easy! Just place all the ingredients in a blender, or blend with a stick blender until smooth. This shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes. Then, the important part. Place the soup in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours to guarantee a fresh and refreshing taste that will cool you down during the heatwave.
You can eat the soup as is, or serve it with some toasted ciabatta or wholegrain bread for a wholesome meal.
How do I store this cucumber gazpacho?
Place the soup in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. You can make the soup ahead for a nice and light office lunch.
- 1 big cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp basil leaves
- 1 tbsp parsley leaves
- 5 mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- water as needed
- Cut the cucumber in half. If it contains large seeds, remove seeds, then dice the cucumber and place it into a high-speed blender.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and scoop out the flesh of half an avocado. Add the avocado to the blender.
- Chop the spring onions, basil, parsley, and mint. Add to the blender.
- Add also plain coconut yogurt, lemon juice, a clove of garlic, salt, pepper, white balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.
- Blend until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add a splash of water as needed (depending on how thick you like your soup).
- Place the cucumber gazpacho in the fridge for about 4 hours to chill.
- Serve chilled with some cucumber slices, a spoon of coconut yogurt, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 4g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
In need of a hot soup? Try our Cream of Cucumber Soup.
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!
This recipe is brought to you by Hofer Slovenija. It is our favorite grocery store and we love their products.