This Classic Mint Cucumber Tabbouleh Salad is a simple and quick grain salad, perfect as a side dish to your summer grill meals.
If you’re in Europe, we feel you. It’s gotten hot! It’s 36.1°C at 5 pm currently (that’s 96.98°F!). We’ve been hiding indoors in dark rooms, only emerging in the early morning / late evening.
Cooking, anyone? No, thanks!
We’re keeping cooking to the minimum, and if you are as well, you’re going to love the next few recipes!
Let’s start with a Mint Cucumber Tabbouleh Salad!
Tabbouleh Salad is a popular Middle Eastern grain salad. We made ours using bulgur, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, mint, and lemon for a refreshing main or side dish.
This salad is light and refreshing, yet brings you wonderful flavors and actually fills you up!
To make this Mint Cucumber Tabbouleh Salad just start by cooking the bulgur (cracked wheat) for about 15 minutes in salted water. Once cooked, let rest and then cool down.
Then, combine the cooked grain with fresh vegetables, like cucumbers and tomatoes, add fresh finely chopped herbs (we chose mint and parsley) and drizzle with a delicious and refreshing lemon dressing… and you’re good to go!
This Tabbouleh Salad will keep in the fridge in an air-tight container for a couple of days and is a good meal-prep office lunch.
If you do not have bulgur, couscous or even orzo pasta will work just as well.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 3 cups of water
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- spring onion
- bushel of mint
- bushel of parsley
- Cook bulgur in 3 cups of salted water for about 15 minutes, according to package instructions, then leave to rest with lid on for another 30 minutes. Toss the cooked bulgur into a large bowl and let cool completely.
- Dice tomatoes and cucumber and add to the bulgur.
- Finely slice spring onions, mint and parsley and add to the bowl.
- Combine the dressing: in a jar add juice of a lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the bulgur and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
Looking for more salad recipes?
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!