Soups are great in any season. This Smooth Zucchini Soup can be done in just 15 minutes! Super easy and quick.
Our garden is not only abundant with tomatoes this year. It also produces zucchinis more than we can handle. As we rarely eat lunch at home, the two zucchini plants I have in my small garden, produce more than enough.
So over the weekend, I happened to overlook a zucchini that grew into a giant. As giant zucchinis are not as tasty and tender as their smaller brothers, I decided to make the giant into a Zucchini Soup.
Summer soups are fun. And who says it is too hot to eat a soup in summer? Using fresh and tender ingredients they can be done in as little as 15 minutes.
- 1 giant zucchini or about 500 g
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 small carrot
- 1 potato
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt, pepper
- fresh herbs: tyhme, chives, parsley
- 1 spoon sour cream
- Wash and dice zucchini. Peel onions, garlic cloves, carrot and potato. Slice onion and garlic cloves, dice potato and grate carrot.
- In a soup pot heat a spoon of olive oil, then add onions and stir-fry until translucent. Add garlic, carrots and potatoes and stir-fry for about a minute, then pour in about half of the vegetable stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are almost cooked.
- Then, add in diced zucchini, the remaining stock, season to taste with salt and pepper and let it cook another 5 minutes, so the zucchini get tender, but not overcooked.
- Remove from heat and blend into a smooth soup with a stick blender. Then add in chopped fresh herbs, pour into bowls and add a teaspoon of sour cream into each bowl. Serve hot.
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate.