Homemade Roasted Red Peppers and Tomato Soup with red bell peppers, tomatoes, and quinoa. Vegan & Gluten-Free.
Being fall and all, we have ditched salads temporarily in favor of warmer dishes with more flavors.
One of the things we like to do when the temperatures drop is to roast our vegetables in the oven. Roasted vegetables just have a deeper flavor and are perfect for cold months. And then, you can turn roasted vegetables in a delicious soup, such as this Roasted Red Peppers and Tomato Soup.
And if you add some cream and a spoonful of cooked quinoa when serving, this soup becomes filling and can be a stand-alone meal.
We recommend making this Roasted Red Peppers and Tomato Soup in bulk as meal-prep to last you the week. The recipe makes 4 servings. When making it, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil, add in half a cup of quinoa, and cook for about 15 minutes to have for serving.
- 4 red bell peppers
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 4 tsp cream (plant-based)
- 4 tbsp cooked quinoa
- basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 360°F.
- Cut bell peppers in half, discard seeds, and place on a large baking tray, placing them flat with the skin up. Half the tomatoes and add to the tray, then add cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion and garlic cloves. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Place in the oven to bake for about 15-20 minutes until the vegetables soften and turn darker.
- Once roasted, remove the vegetables from the oven. Peel the skin off the peppers and tomatoes, then place all vegetables in a large pot.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook on low for about 10-15 minutes.
- With an immersion blender or in a blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Serve with some plant-based cream, a spoonful of cooked quinoa and some basil leaves.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 109Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 379mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!