A delicious Vegan Peanut Dipping Sauce Recipe to dip your spring rolls in that takes just 5 minutes to make. Your new favorite dipping sauce!
We LOVE a good dipping sauce. To me, sauces are everything and add a cherry on top to dishes. A good sauce will elevate a plain meal to new heights. Yes, we love sauces.
And, if you are having something relatively mild in flavor, such as Fresh Spring Rolls, a Vegan Peanut Dipping Sauce will add much-needed flavor and moisture to the humble rolls.
But don’t limit yourself to spring rolls – this sauce can be used also on salads, noodles, buddha bowls, and more!
Try this super easy recipe that only takes like one, two, … three steps. Max 🙂
Check it out!
To make this delicious Peanut Dipping Sauce you will only need 6 basic ingredients and water:
- peanut butter, we like to use smooth peanut butter, but crunchy will also work. Make sure to use high-quality peanut butter that has as few ingredients as possible (ideally, only peanuts). If you have a peanut allergy, try swapping the peanut for other nut butter, cashew butter would work really well.
- soy sauce, I like to use low-sodium to keep the recipe less salty. Also, use a gluten-free variety if you are sensitive to gluten.
- coconut sugar, can be replaced with granulated sugar or brown sugar, or even maple syrup
- lime juice
- garlic, I like to mince it finely, and then let soak in the lime juice for a couple of minutes – I find the taste less sharp this way
- sesame oil
This sauce is not spicy, so if you want, you can simply add some sriracha, chili sauce, chili garlic oil, or sambal oelek for spiciness.
How to make this dipping sauce
Making this dipping sauce is really super simple. It takes just three easy steps:
- add all the ingredients to a food processor
- blend until smooth and creamy
If you’ll be whisking the sauce it may take a while to emulsify. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a stick blender, or just simply add the ingredients to a jar, close the lid tightly, and give it a good shake.
If you feel like it, you can sprinkle some chopped unsalted peanuts on top, too!
It should look like something this:
If you find the sauce is too thick, adjust with more water – add it slowly by the teaspoon until the sauce is to your likeness.
Likewise, if you would like a thicker sauce, start with less water, and add it gradually while mixing.
You can serve this sauce immediately or store it refrigerated for later.
This dipping sauce goes hand in hand with yummy Fresh Vegan Rainbow Spring Rolls.
I like to drizzle a bit of the sauce over some fresh spring rolls, but you could also just dip the rolls in the sauce.
This basic peanut dipping sauce can also be used:
- as a salad dressing
- on noodles
- for buddha bowls
- added to curries and soups
- for grilling as a satay sauce on tofu, tempeh, or meat alternatives (or even chicken for all our omnivore friends)
- dipping sauce for raw or steamed vegetables, think cucumbers, carrots, broccoli, and more.
Serve immediately with fresh spring rolls, or store refrigerated in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
This killer dipping sauce is perfect for meal prep, as you can make it ahead and just add it to your meals throughout the week.
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 5 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve immediately with fresh spring rolls, or store refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 497mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.