A simple and delicious dairy-free Olive Oil Orange Cake is light and fluffy with a strong orange flavor.
To finish 2017 in style here’s an easy dessert to serve at your New Year’s Eve Dinner, the Olive Oil Orange Cake.
Now, this cake may look simple, but it packs a powerful flavor of oranges and subtle olive oil notes. This Olive Oil Orange Cake is so fluffy and light, you will immediately want seconds!
And it couldn’t be easier to make this cake: just toss ingredients in an electric mixer, mix until combined, fold in flour and baking powder and bam – in the oven it goes!
It’s the perfect dessert for when you don’t want to fuss around the kitchen a lot, but want your coffee cake on the table.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 small organic oranges
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 ts baking powder
- pinch of salt
- confectioner sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C/356°F (vent oven 160° / 320°F).
- In a large bowl, crack eggs (discard shelves), add granulated sugar and with an electric mixer mix about 8 minutes, until the eggs and sugar are thoroughly combined in a light and fluffy foamy mix.
- While the eggs are being beaten, grate orange zest and squeeze juice. Add both to foamy egg mixture, then add also olive oil and mix another minute to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Sift on egg mixture and fold in gently with a spatula by hand.
- Cover the bottom of a round baking tin (fi 22 cm / 8-9 inches) with baking paper, and grease the sides with a bit of oil, then dust lightly with flour to prevent sticking. Pour dough into baking tin and place in preheated oven to bake for about 35-40 minutes. Check with toothpick when your cake is baked.
- Remove baked cake from oven, take out of the baking tin and place on a rack to cool down. Once cooled, dust with confectioners sugar to decorate and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361.18Total Fat: 19.8gSaturated Fat: 3.03gSodium: 151.05mgCarbohydrates: 42.19gFiber: 1.42gSugar: 23.19gProtein: 4.76g
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
By the way, tomorrow starts Healthy January! Follow us to see plenty of healthy, plant-based and no-added-sugars recipes that will help you get back on track after the Holidays 😉
Have a wonderful 2018!
– Kristina & Mitja