Cherry Tomato Zucchini Noodles are a light & delicious Low-Carb Vegan meal with tons of flavor.
We are emptying our fridge and garden this week of summer produce to make room for fall produce. Once the first cold morning arrives (it’s 8°C / 46.4°F outside this morning!) it’s time to start thinking soups, stews and freshly baked loaves of sourdough bread. Am I right?
My garden is still producing, though I suspect with the arrival of cold I will soon need to say bye-bye to my summer vegetables and hope for a decent fall harvest of endive, radicchio, and kale. Then, once the tree leaves turn yellow and the first frost arrives, I’ll need to put the garden to rest (though I have plans to enlarge it next year and maybe put up a little green house, hehe).
I have a feeling this summer was gone in a heartbeat. I mean, it feels like it has only just begun and yet here I am, shivering, with socks on my feet, long sleeves and today I even made myself a cup of tea to warm me up. It seems absurd, given that we haven’t even gone on holidays yet. Here I am, shivering and thinking about that bikini I need to pack.
And though I am excited about cooking warmer dishes with fall ingredients (hello, apple crisp and roasted chestnuts!), I dread the long, cold, dark winter months ahead. Especially if I think back on the winter past, when we had -14°C (6.8°F) for about a month and even stores were lacking vegetables due to the harsh winter.
But alas, while I can still see the sun shining outside, let’s talk about these Low-Carb Cherry Tomato Zucchini Noodles (or Zoodles) recipe. This is a great vegan summer dish, but really, it can be enjoyed through the year, as you can always find zucchinis and cherry tomatoes in store these days.
To make these Cherry Tomato Zucchini Noodles you only need a couple of ingredients, about 10 minutes prep time and 20 minutes to roast the tomatoes and infuse them with olive oil and garlic. Then you toss the tomatoes and zucchinis together to combine and voilà! A healthy lunch is served!
- 3 medium zucchini
- 200 grams cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbs breadcrumbs (or grated parmesan / vegan subsitute)
- Wash and dry zucchini and cherry tomatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/ 392˚F. Place cherry tomatoes in a small baking tray, then add grated garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Combine well, then place baking tray in oven and roast for about 20 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes burst. Remove from oven.
- Using a spiralizer or vegetable julienne peeler, cut the zucchini into thin strips resembling noodles. Add zucchini noodles to the cherry tomatoes and combine well, so that the noodles get well coated.
- Transfer zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes to plates and top with a bit of breadcrumbs and fresh basil leaves and serve. You can replace breadcrumbs with parmesan or a vegan subsitute.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152.57Total Fat: 7.07gSaturated Fat: 1.13gSodium: 959.34mgCarbohydrates: 19.88gFiber: 4.57gSugar: 10.46gProtein: 5.73g
New in! We made a special FREE cookbook with 15 our favorite recipes, including a delicious Vegan Pasta Salad in a Jar exclusive recipe that you can get when you sign for our newsletter. How cool is that? Just find the signup form on the page and get your free copy now 😉
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate.
Looking for more LOW-CARB recipes? Try these:
- Rosemary Grilled Chicken on Cabbage
- Tofu Zucchini Fritters with Peanut Sauce
- Coconut Milk Mango Chia Pudding