An Italian-inspired Green Beans Tomato Salad with white onions, garlic, and a simple balsamic vinaigrette, this salad is perfect light dinner or side dish.
I have a feeling we have been eating only tomatoes this past couple of weeks. I am seriously running out of ideas to make them 😛 Just kidding, ideas I have plenty, it’s more the time I am lacking to make everything I’d want to make.
Since it has been hot since I can remember, we’re just eating salads all days long. Tomato salads. Green beans salads. Plain old green lettuce salad. Cucumber. Cabbage. Lettuce and potatoes. You name it, we have eaten it this past summer. We do throw in the occasional soup, smoothie, or burger, but other than that, it’s mostly salads.
The days are getting shorter now and the mornings just a bit colder, but we still have a fridge full of tomatoes, cucumbers, and zucchinis. Can one eat too much of it?
So in trying to cope with the harvest, I’ve made this Italian-style Green Beans Tomato Salad, with green beans, delicious tomatoes, a delicate white onion and some crushed garlic, topped with salt, pepper, and an easy balsamic vinaigrette. Doesn’t it just call Italy to you? So simple, so easy to make, and only fresh seasonal ingredients.
- 500 grams tomatoes
- 2 cups green beans
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1,5 tbs balsamic vinegar
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, grated or sliced
- Wash and dry green beans, then cut off the tops on both sides of each bean, removing any tough strings. Bring a pot of water to a boil, season with salt and add green beans. Cook beans about 15 minutes or until tender enough, that you can easily stick a fork into the beans. Drain and cool, then place into a salad bowl.
- Wash and dry tomatoes, then cut into slices, removing tough stems. Place into salad bowl.
- Peel and thinly slice onion and add to salad bowl.
- Assemble your balsamic dressing. Combine garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar and mix well. Pour dressing over salad and combine. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289.81Total Fat: 21.03gSaturated Fat: 2.94gSodium: 1020.3mgCarbohydrates: 24.37gFiber: 6.67gSugar: 13.98gProtein: 4.79g
Did you see our new free e-book? 🙂 We made a special bonus book with 15 our favorite recipes, including a delicious Vegan Pasta Salad in a Jar exclusive recipe that you can get when you sign for our newsletter. How cool is that? Just find the signup form on the page and get your free copy now 😉
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate.