A simple vegan Spring Potato Salad with a delicious Balsamic Vinaigrette, the perfect use of new potatoes!
New potatoes must be one of the wonders of the world. We simply adore them! Soft and crispy, quickly baked and full of flavor, they are a legit main dish by themselves. It seems a sin to hide them in heavy sauces or with strong-flavored foods.
In late spring or early summer, when new potatoes are in season, we often eat them just plainly cooked with a side of salad, or – as in this case – in a salad, with a delicate balsamic vinaigrette.
This Spring Potato Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette doesn’t really need a lot of work to put on the table and is a great lunch or side to a barbecue. Just cook potatoes, prepare salad and dress everything with a simple and delicious balsamic vinaigrette. Potatoes, lettuce, cucumber and some radishes with a touch of dressing and herbs. Done!
- 200 grams new potatoes
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cups of lettuce
- 2 radishes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- Wash and dry new potatoes, then cut into smaller pieces, like pictured. Depending on the size of your potatoes, cut lengthwise and in half.
- Heat a pan on medium and add 1 tbs of olive oil. Add new potatoes and season with a pinch of salt. Stir to coat the potatoes in oil and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring regularly, until the potatoes soften and turn golden-brown.
- While the potatoes are cooking, wash, drain and cut lettuce. Wash, dry and thinly slice radishes and cucumber. Place lettuce, radishes and cucumber into a bowl.
- Make balsamic vinaigrette: pour 1/4 cup of olive oil in a cup, add balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard. Add a finely diced clove of garlic and some finely chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk well until thoroughly combined.
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove from heat and let cool for a couple of minutes, then add to the salad. Pour balsamic vinaigrette over potatoes and salad and mix well. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 817.09Total Fat: 68.32gSaturated Fat: 9.49gSodium: 1403.43mgCarbohydrates: 48.68gFiber: 7.15gSugar: 8.48gProtein: 7.3g
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate.