A Quick and Healthy drink, this Blackberry Kale Smoothie is packed full of vitamins and antioxidants, dairy-free and vegan!
Mornings are getting a bit colder here, and though it’s still plenty warm during the day, you can absolutely glimpse the slow and steady arrival of fall. This makes me sad. Summer is absolutely my favorite season. And we haven’t even been on vacations yet… and I refuse to accept that these beautiful summer days may be coming to a close soon.
I am trying to enjoy the summer produce as much as I can, but it’s difficult to consume as much as nature is providing right now.
Our little garden is still giving us zucchinis, cucumbers and tomatoes, purple kale, and a new batch of green beans soon. I’ve had so many cucumbers this season, I am running out of ideas how to eat them all. And I have even planted some new plants for the colder months, like endive, radicchio, and more kale, though I am running out of free space to plant even more. So next year – we need to enlarge our garden.
To me having a garden means a lot. I don’t have much time to tend it, sadly, that’s why the garden is small and poorly kept, but it keeps surprising me with crops. And I love being able to just open the door, step into the garden, and collect vegetables for dinner.
So I can, anytime, just pluck a few purple kale leaves, get some berries from the freezer and whip up a healthy smoothie in no time.
This Blackberry Kale Smoothie is packed full of vitamins and antioxidants and is your perfect summer smoothie! No bananas in here and no dairy, just pure fruits, and awesomeness, and the hint of purple kale and lemon for freshness.
This smoothie is made with peaches, purple kale, blackberries, blueberries and some lemon juice. If peaches are out of season, you can substitute with bananas, and you can also use frozen berries to make this smoothie in winter. If you don’t have purple kale, you can use regular kale or even spinach.
- 3 peaches
- 4 leaves purple kale, stems removed
- 1/2 cup blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- mint leaves (optional for decoration)
- Peel peaches, slice and remove pit. Put peach slices into a blender. Wash purple kale, dry and remove tough stems. Place kale into blender. Add blackberries, blueberries and juice of half a lemon. Add some water, as needed.
- Blend until smooth. Check smoothie thickness and if needed, add more water (and pulse to mix). Pour smoothie into glasses or jars, top with some blackberries and mint leaves and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141.82Total Fat: 1.24gSaturated Fat: 0.1gSodium: 20.69mgCarbohydrates: 33.42gFiber: 7.43gSugar: 24.75gProtein: 4.53g
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes:
- Detox Spinach Green Smoothie
- Orange & Blueberry ImmunoBoost Smoothie
- Mango & Passion Fruit Tropical Smoothie
Did you see our new free e-book? 🙂 We made a special bonus book with 15 our favorite recipes, including a delicious Vegan Pasta Salad in a Jar exclusive recipe that you can get when you sign for our newsletter. How cool is that? Just find the signup form on the page and get your free copy now 😉
Like this recipe? Let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate.