A delightful Eggplant Sweet Potato Curry Recipe that is perfect for Meal-Prep. Fully Plant-Based, Vegan & Gluten-Free.
We have been meal-prepping every week in our household for the past several months since Mitja wished for homemade meals at work. It is life-changing, but also, life-changing. There is nothing better than a home cooked meal for lunch, instead of take-outs. But eating home cooked meals does come with the challenge of actually cooking (and cleaning up). Sometimes it feels that’s all I do any more. Cook and clean up, repeat.
We do not like prepping our meals for the whole week ahead, because not every meal will safely last that long, but we usually meal-prep 3-4 meals at a time, so 1 recipe will last us both 2 days.
I can talk more about how we meal prep (just let us know in the comments if this is something that would be of interest to you), but I would first focus on this delicious meal-prep recipe we made today.
This is a slightly spicy Eggplant Sweet Potato Curry, that is easy to make, as all our meals are, and comes together in about 30 minutes, making enough food for 4 meals.
The Eggplant Sweet Potato Curry uses coconut milk for the sauce and a touch of harissa sauce, which makes it slightly spicy. But, if you do not like spicy food, just leave the harissa sauce out. This meal is plant-based, vegan and gluten-free!
To make this curry we combined eggplant and sweet potatoes. And if you’re not going to be eating it soon, you can freeze it as well to have on hand on a busy day!
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 eggplant
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tsp Harissa sauce
- 1 tsp curry spice mix
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- Peel and finely chop onion and garlic.
- Dice the eggplant, peel and dice sweet potatoes.
- In a large pan or pot, heat a tablespoon of oil and fry the chopped onions until translucent. Add spices and dry roast until the darken in color.
- Add garlic and diced eggplant and let stew until the eggplant turns soft.
- Add diced sweet potatoes and pour over with coconut milk. Add 3 teaspoons of harissa sauce, season with salt to taste, stir to combine and let simmer on low heat for about 15.20 minutes, until the vegetables are fork-tender. If needed, add a splash of water during cooking to thin the sauce.
- While the curry is simmering, cook rice according to package instructions.
- Serve the Eggplant Sweet Potato Curry with cooked rice and some finely chopped parsley or coriander.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 7gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
This recipe is sponsored by Hofer Slovenija (you may also know it as Aldi). It is our favorite grocery store and we love their products. If you are from Slovenia, do head over to Hofer’s Instagram account for even more delicious recipes 😉
Try also our other curries:
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!