These Aronia Oatmeal Crumble Bars are an easy on-the-go Vegan breakfast or dessert with a delicious aronia filling.
Ever heard of aronia berries? The black-colored aronia berries are a natural superfood. Their skin offers natural protection against pests and fungi, so no chemicals are needed to cultivate this precious berries. As such, aronia berries are super healthy for you, as they are a natural antioxidant. Due to rich nutrient content aronia berries also help strengthen your immune system, help with anemia, regulate blood sugar and more!
We were stunned when we heard the many benefits of this small black-colored berries and were eager to give them a try, as we were starting to struggle with some spring-time blues.
We’ve been drinking small amounts of aronia juice every morning, just to add some rich nutrients after a long winter, and after just a few weeks, we’re both feeling much better – more motivated, less tired, and fatigued!
So we decided to take it one step further and used a ready-made aronia filling called Aa aronia to make delicious Aronia Oatmeal Crumble Bars:
These Aronia Oatmeal Crumble Bars are simply put amazing! For a dessert, they are quite low in sugar, thus bringing the aronia, oats and hazelnuts flavors to the spot. They are a bit dense and chewy but pack plenty of energy and taste in every bite. We recommend making these as a to-go snack on your spring hikes. Enjoy them while sitting down by a lake on your walk or to regain strength while working the garden.
Using the pre-made Aa aronia filling to make these Aronia Oatmeal Crumble Bars made the recipe really easy and quick to make, and fewer dishes used, facilitating the cleanup. Plus, did we mention the health benefits (read above)?
But if you do not have a ready-made aronia filling, or can’t find aronia berries, you can easily make a berry-based filling in minutes: mix 600 grams of frozen berries (of any kind) with 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of starch and juice of half a lemon. In a pot cook until the berry sauce thickens.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ground roasted hazelnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup vegan margarine (or bu
- 2 cups aronia filling
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- In a large bowl mix rolled oats, spelt flour, coconut sugar, brown sugar, roasted hazelnuts, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the vegan butter and add to dry ingredients. Mix to combine until you get a dough that resembles coarse breadcrumbs (a crumble).
- Line a small baking tin with baking paper. Transfer 2/3 of the crumble to the baking tin. Press the dough to the bottom and sides of the tin to achieve a solid bottom.
- Place the baking tin in preheated oven and bake 10 minutes at 160°C / 320°F.
- Remove the crumble from the oven, add the aronia filling (or mixed berry filling) and top with the remaining crumble dough - just sprinkle it on top of the filling.
- Return to the oven and bake an addition 25 minutes, or until the crumble is golden-brown in color.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled down, cut the crumble into bars and serve.
Leave the crumble bars to cool for a longer period or overnight. The bars are even better the next day!
If you do not have a ready-made aronia filling you can easily make a berry-based filling in minutes: mix 600 grams of frozen berries (of any kind) with 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of starch and juice of half a lemon. In a pot cook until the berry sauce thickens.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
This recipe is brought to you in collaboration with Sophily. and their amazing Aa aronia products. If you too want to try these delicious aronia products, we have a discount code for you that you can apply at checkout to get 8% discount on your purchase. Just use the code: VIBRANT_8_SOPHILY. You’re welcome!
- See more crumble recipes here >
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!