Grilled Veggies Tortilla Wraps with grilled zucchini and peppers, purple cabbage and salad. Super easy to make!
We’ve been fighting viruses this week, just sneezing, coughing and generally not feeling our best. I am a firm believer of the healing power of hot tea and soup while ill, so beef soup, pumpkin, and cauliflower soups were all a staple during the past few days. I also firmly believe there is nothing better than a large bowl of salad greens, but not, when your throat is hurting. And as one can hardly survive on soup alone, I decided to make some nutrient-rich Grilled Veggies Tortilla Wraps, so we’d get our vegetable intake, but in a heated form.
These wraps are super easy to make and you can combine them any way you want. You can also add meat in there, like grilled chicken, or perhaps pulled pork. The options are limitless. It’s also an easy meal for when you’re not feeling your best and you do not want to spend the whole day in the kitchen cooking away soups and ragus and the like.
Anyway, while Mitja is now getting better, I am currently tired and cold. Luckily, both our moms provided us with a month’s worth of soup, bolognese sauce, salads, fruit, even pancakes, and the like, so we are fully stocked for whatever comes. Thumbs up for the freezer and mom’s beef soup! 😉
Easy Grilled Veggies Tortilla Wraps
- 4 small or 2 large tortillas
- 1 zucchini
- 2 red bell peppers
- cream cheese spread
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (white, red or mixed)
- salt, pepper
- olive oil
- Peel and thinly slice your red onion. White onion works as well.
- Wash and cut lettuce and cabbage into shreds. Use red cabbage for color contrast and nutrient diversity. Regular cabbage works as well.
- Wash zucchini and bell peppers. Cut zucchinis into round slices and peppers intro strips. Put in a bowl, sprinkle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a pan, heat a bit of olive oil to medium, then add in the zucchini slices and grill on both sides for a couple of minutes, until softened. Do not crowd the zucchini slices, but make sure each slice fits in the pan. If your pan is not large enough, grill in a few batches.
- Do the same with bell peppers - these can crowd a bit, so you can do it in one batch, but make sure to stir them regularly. When grilled and softened, remove from pan.
- Now clean your pan (or use another one), heat it up again, but do not put any oil in it. When heated, place a tortilla inside and heat on either side for a minute or two. Repeat with all tortillas.
- Assemble your wraps. Take a tortilla, spread some cream cheese on it, then top with grilled zucchini slices and bell pepper strips, a bit of red onion and a handful of shredded lettuce and cabbage, each. Top with a small scoop of sourcream, and wrap.
- If you are using small tortillas, serve 1-2 per person, if a large one, 1 will probably be more than enough.
Text and images copyright Vibrantplate.com © All rights reserved.
Like this recipe? Please, let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate.
You can connect with us on our Instagram and Facebook account or on Pinterest. Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter & stay up to date with our latest recipes