Vegan No Mayo Coleslaw is a light and fresh summer classic without the calories! Just fresh vegetables and a delicious mustard dressing.
Sumer barbecuing is in full swing now and we have finally our first heat wave of the season! Are we excited? Yes, and no, of course. I mean, it’s nice to finally wear a short skirt and flip-flops, but getting in the car is a sweaty nightmare.
How’s the summer treating you? Hope you’re staying cool and hydrated!
With the temperatures on the rise, we have embraced cold foods and salads.
And this Vegan No Mayo Coleslaw is the perfect summer salad! Light, fresh and crunchy, this is your perfect grill companion, but without the heavy cream or mayo.
This Vegan No Mayo Coleslaw only uses fresh and light ingredients: crunchy cabbage, sweet carrots, onions and a refreshing mustard dressing that you simply shake together in a jar.
This salad couldn’t be easier to make and if you use a food processor to shred your veggies it only takes 5 minutes top.
Make this Vegan No Mayo Coleslaw salad for your next picnic or barbecue and thank us later 😉
- half a head purple cabbage
- half a head white cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- black sesame seeds
- 2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 ts mustard
- 6 tbs olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
- Shred cabbage or cut into fine slices. Peel onion and finely slice. Peel carrot and grate coarsely. Place vegetables in a large salad bowl, add chopped parsley and optionaly black sesame seeds.
- Prepare mustard dressing: in a jar, add balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Close jar with a lid and give it a good shake to combine.
- Pour mustard dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 14.2gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 14.6gFiber: 4.2gSugar: 7.7gProtein: 2.6g
- See more salad recipes here >
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.