A one-pan summery dish, this Gnocchi in Cherry Tomato Sauce is Vegan and comes together in under 30 minutes!
We’ve been enjoying these Summer days, but it already feels it’s coming to a close soon. The days are just flying by, but one thing we welcomed with open arms is the beginning of the tomato season!
We are big tomato admirers and since we also like Italian cuisine, you can guess many of our dishes feature this golden apple (pomodoro!)
The first to ripen are the little cherry tomatoes, which are very versatile and we used them to make a delicious one-pan Gnocchi in Cherry Tomato Sauce. I mean, just look how creamy and heavenly this pan of gnocchi and tomato sauce looks:
So we took a bowl of cherry tomatoes, cooked them in a pan with some onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and vegetable stock until soft. Then, we blended the sauce up, but this step is optional – we just like it better when creamy. To finish the dish off, we added to the sauce refrigerated gnocchi (store-bought, because we have no time to actually make gnocchi!) and basil leaves, a drop of cream, seasoned it and cooked for just about 4-5 minutes until the gnocchi turned soft and the sauce thickened.
And that’s all there is to the dish!
It really couldn’t be more simple, right?
So there you have it. A tasty, creamy and filling lunch for 3 people (or 2 very hungry) on the table in about 30 minutes.
- 1 onion
- 500 grams cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 500 grams gnocchi
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup cooking cream (plant-based)
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Peel and finely dice onion. Heat a spoon of oil in a pan and fry onion until translucent.
- Add cherry tomatoes and minced garlic and saute until the tomatoes pop and soften, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, then pour over with vegetable stock and cook for another 10 minutes, until the sauce cooks down and thickens.
- Once the sauce is cooked, you can optionally blend it with an immersion blender until smooth. Otherwise, toss in the refrigerated gnocchi and some chopped basil leaves, season to taste with salt and pepper and cook another 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly, until the gnocchi soften and drink up the liquids.
- Add in some plant-based cream and stir well before serving.
Use vegan refrigerated gnocchi to make sure this dish is vegan!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 531mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 14g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
See more vegan recipes here >
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!