This No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake is the perfect dessert for hot summer days. A light and delicious treat!
Hello, lovelies, it’s been a while! Not that we have been sitting idle. We had quite a lot going on, actually. But don’t worry, we’re back with plenty of recipes to share!
We’ve been having a hint of the summer weather these days, so we have partnered with Ljubljanske Mlekarne to bring you this absolutely amazing No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake! Because in heat like this, turning the oven on is a no-no in our household!
Anyone else loves no-bake desserts?
So. To make this lovely No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake you start with a cookie & almond base that makes for a rich and crunchy bottom. Mitja loves creamy cakes, but he said this base is way better than the standard sponge cake base! And I agree with him!
Next, you make an easy strawberry “jam”, which is basically just a puree and add it to the cream. The secret to a light and fresh taste is a delicious quark-based cream with yogurt and lemon zest. Absolutely delicious! If you can’t find quark, try with cream cheese.
I was rather sad I couldn’t fully enjoy the cake, what with being dairy-based, but I did sneak a “taste test” nevertheless. I mean, I do need to know what I’m making right? Right?
This cake is just the perfect summer treat! It’s light and creamy, it only takes 30 minutes to make (plus cooling time), and none of that requires the oven!
This recipe is sponsored by Ljubljanske Mlekarne. Their high-quality Mu Cuisine products are made for cooking, stimulating your imagination, curiosity, and sense of experimentation.
- 50 grams amarettini cookies
- 70 grams whole-wheat butter cookies
- 30 grams blanched almonds
- 20 grams desiccated coconut
- 70 grams butter
- 150 grams strawberries
- 2 ts strawberry jam
- 12 grams gelatin
- 300 grams fresh quark
- 1 cup yogurt
- 60 grams sugar
- 1 ts vanilla extract
- Juice of half a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sweet cream
- 2 strawberries
- some blueberries
- amarettini cookies
- coconut flakes
- mint leaves
- Prepare the cookie base: place the amarettini cookies, whole-wheat butter cookies and blanched almonds in a food processor and blend. It doesn't need to be fully blended, as any chunks will aid to the bite. Melt butter on low heat and add to the food processor, along with the desiccated coconut. Mix to combine.
- Line a 18-cm (7 inch) cake tin bottom with baking paper, and place the removable sides on. Add the cookie base and press it into the bottom of the tin. Smooth it out, then place in the fridge to firm.
- Prepare the jam: Wash and dry strawberries, cut into slices and blend with a stick blender. Keep it chunky, and not too runny. Add 2 tea spoons of strawberry jam and mix to combine. Pour 1/3 of the jam on top of the cookie base.
- Prepare the cream: soak gelatin according to package instructions (or use agar agar). With a stick blender, blend the fresh quark until smooth. Add yogurt, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and whisk to combine. Divide the cream into two parts, and add the rest of the strawberry jam to one part. Separately, whip the cream until firm. Drain the gelatin and melt it, then, add half the gelatin to the strawberry cream, and the other half to the white quark cream. With a spatula, fold it in, until thoroughly combined. Divide the whipped cream in half as well, and add to both creams, folding it in gently with a spatula.
- Assemble the cake: Add the strawberry cream on top of the strawberry jam layer, then add the white quark cream on top and level it out on top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Then, remove the sides of the baking tin carefully, and smooth out the cream if needed. Remove the baking paper and place the cake on a plate or cake stand.
- Decorate the cake with fresh berries, amarettini cookies, fresh mint and coconut flakes. Serve chilled.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292.4 Total Fat: 20.7g Saturated Fat: 12g Sodium: 78.4mg Carbohydrates: 19.6g Fiber: 1.1g Sugar: 16.2g Protein: 7.4g
More delicious dessert recipes available here >
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.