A Healthy Creamy Asparagus Soup is the perfect soup for Spring. Vegan & Ready in 30 minutes.
Anyone else excited for Spring and the fresh green produce hitting the stores? Or at least we should be, but we’re all kind of bummed by the situation.
We have been safe at home for 27 days now, only going to the store two times. I’ll admit, meals sometimes get creative to stretch the fresh produce we have at home.
But when I did go to the store, I splurged and bought a whole bushel of fresh asparagus to make this healthy Creamy Asparagus Soup.
Now is more important than ever to consume fresh produce to stock up on vitamins and minerals to help our immune system.
And this Creamy Asparagus Soup is not only delicious but also really easy to make.
The important thing is to separate the asparagus stems from the peaks, as the peaks are really tender and take only a short time to cook.
Add the stems to a pot with onion, garlic, vegetable broth, and parsley and cook until tender, then blend until smooth. Cook the asparagus peaks in a pan separately and them just add them to the top of the soup, along with a drizzle of plant-based cooking cream and some bread croutons.
And that’s it! A healthy, delicious, creamy asparagus soup ready to eat in just under 30 minutes!
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500 grams asparagus
- 2 tbsp parsley, finelly chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- 2,5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tbsp vegetable cooking cream
- Wash asparagus and cut off the stem ends, then cut the stems and set the peaks aside. Peel and dice onion and garlic. Finely chop parsley.
- In a pot, heat a spoon of oil and gently fry the diced onion, until translucent. Add garlic and asparagus stems and saute for a minute, then pour in vegetable stock and sprinkle with parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and cook on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the vegetables soften. When the soup is done, squeeze in the juice of half a lemon, then blend until smooth with a blender or stick blender.
- While the soup is cooking, cut bread slices into cubes and pan-fry them until golden brown. Once done, remove the bread croutons from the pan and set aside.
- To the pan, add a drizzle of oil, then toss in asparagus peaks, season with salt and pepper and cook until the peaks turn darker and softer. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Serve the soup with a drizzle of plant-based cooking cream, top with asparagus peaks and bread croutons.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 4411mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 8g
Nutrition data is automatically calculated using Nutritionix and may not be accurate.
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!