A beautiful spring Strawberry Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken and Avocado for a healthy and filling meal!
Hope you’ve been having wonderful days! It’s now Summer time, though the weather rarely shows it here. We’ve been having plenty of storms and rain, and our garden is growing like crazy!
With higher temperatures, we’re all in favor of lighter meals, plenty of greens and raw foods.
Say hello to this lovely Chicken Strawberry Spinach Salad, topped with avocado and a light mustard vinaigrette.
Now you may think, strawberries in a salad? Mitja thought the same thing until he actually tried the salad and… loved it!
This Strawberry Spinach Salad is perfect to get you back in tip-top shape! It is:
- packed with protein
- perfect for meal-prep (place the dressing in a separate container)
- ready in just 30 minutes!
And if you are into meal preparation, save this recipe, as it will come handy. Just put the dressing into a separate container, until you’re ready to use it.
- 120 grams baby spinach
- 100 grams romaine hearts
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 small red onion
- 2 chicken fillet
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- thyme, red paprika
- 1 avocado
- 2 ts sunflower seeds
- 2 ts hemp hearts seeds
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 1 ts dijon mustard
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- salt, pepper
- dash of water
- Prepare marinade for the chicken fillets: mix olive oil with salt, pepper, thyme and red paprika. Spread the marinade over the meat and let marinate for a couple of minutes, or ideally, overnight.
- Heat a pan, then add the chicken fillets and cook until golden brown. Turn over and cook on the other side as well. When cooked, remove from pan and let the meat rest for about 10 minutes, then cut into strips.
- Prepare Mustard Dressing: place ingredients in a jar with a lid, close the lid and shake the jar well, until all the ingredients combine into a golden emulsion.
- Wash and dry baby spinach, romaine hearts and strawberries. Slice strawberries and remove stems. Peel onion and slice thinly. Place vegetables into salad bowls. Top with chicken and avocado slices. Add some sunflower seeds and hemp seeds, and pour over the mustard dressing. Mix well to combine and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484.3 Total Fat: 31.4g Saturated Fat: 4.7g Sodium: 341.5mg Carbohydrates: 21.2g Fiber: 9.2g Sugar: 7.6g Protein: 32.4g
Get more salad recipes here >
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
GDPR BLOG UPDATE