Apple Crisp Yogurt Parfait is a delicious and wholesome early fall breakfast, that is ready in just 15 minutes!
Apple season is officially on! As well as the season of umbrellas, warmer sweaters, and lattes. The weather today gives us the first hint of the upcoming Fall. Even the cat prefers to be indoors today.
This Apple Crisp Yogurt Parfait is perfect for when the summer air turns a bit colder and the autumn rains start, and it couldn’t be easier to make, as it takes just 15 minutes in total!
To make this recipe, you start by dicing a couple of apples and combining them with lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon in a pot. We also added a bit of dark rum (or use bourbon). Then, stew on the stove for a couple of minutes, just enough for the apples to soften and the sauce to thicken. As soon as it is done, remove the apples from the stove and add them to little jars. Then, top with a few tablespoons of yogurt (dairy or plant-based) and crumble a bit of a muesli bar on top. And, you’re done!
The muesli bar on top really is the cherry on this cake, as it gives it a depth of flavor and a chewy bite. We used a vegan bar with hazelnuts, but if you don’t have any muesli bars at home, you can also use granola (although we strongly suggest you do get the muesli bars!)
Ready to dive in?
- 2 apples
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 ts cinnamon
- 1 ts bourbon
- 2 cups plant-based plain yogurt
- 2 muesli bars (choose gluten-free bars with hazelnuts if possible)
- Cut apples in half, remove core and seeds, and dice. Save a few slices for topping. Place diced apples in a pot or pan, add lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon to taste a teaspoon of bourbon or dark rum. Stew on medium until the apples soften, about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from stove and place stewed apples on the bottom of 4 jars or glasses.
- To the jars, add plain yogurt on top of the stewed apples and crumble muesli bars on top. Decorate with a couple apple slices and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259.9Total Fat: 7.9gSaturated Fat: 3.7gSodium: 80.4mgCarbohydrates: 37.7gFiber: 8.1gSugar: 26gProtein: 8.1g
- Get more breakfast ideas here >
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.