Make these easy mini Vegan Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls in just 15 minutes using refrigerated pizza dough.
Am I too late to share Christmas inspired dessert recipes? Perhaps.
But not when you find a roll of pizza dough chilling in the back of the fridge, waiting its turn to be used up. I am not one to say no to pizza, but what to do when what you really crave is something sweet, easy and cinnamony (is that a word? I think it is a word).
Making these Vegan Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls is easy, and they’re ready in just about 15 minutes. So it’s a perfect dessert for when you get unexpected guests… or just crave something sweet.
Start by taking some refrigerated store-bought pizza dough. We used one that was already rolled into a square, so it was only a matter of unfolding it and adding toppings.
If your dough is in a ball-shape or frozen, first thaw it and then roll it out into a rectangle.
Add toppings: we used plant-based butter (made of coconut), which we melted and spread over the dough. Then, we mixed sugar and cinnamon and sprinkled it on top generously. Lastly, just roll your dough and cut into slices.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden. In the meantime, prepare your glaze mixing plant-based cheese spread, icing sugar, and vanilla. Spread on top of the cinnamon rolls and your dessert is ready to be served!
- 250 grams pizza dough, refrigerated
- 5 tbsp butter, plant-based
- 1/3 cup sugar, granulated
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 200 grams cream cheese, vegan
- 1/2 cup sugar, icing
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2-4 tbsp milk, plant-based
- Preheat oven to 170°C / 340 °F. Line a large round baking pan with baking paper.
- Roll out your pizza dough - we used one already rolled, so we just unfolded it. Otherwise, roll it out to create a rectangle about 1/3 inch thick.
- Melt vegan butter and spread over the rolled out pizza dough.
- In a bowl, mix together granulated sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the dough.
- Roll up the dough by the longer side to create a "log". Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into round slices, and add them to the baking pan, wide side down.
- Place the baking pan into the preheated oven and bake 15-20 minutes at 170°C / 340 °F, until the dough just turns golden. Once baked remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Prepare the glaze: whip the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. While mixing, slowly add icing sugar and vanilla. When your glaze is smooth, add milk by the spoon, until the right consistency is achieved, depending how thick or runny you want your glaze.
- Glaze your cinnamon rolls and serve.
- Store in an air-tight container refrigerated for up to 3 days,
The pizza dough will yield crispier rolls, so if you want them softer, make sure to slightly underbake them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 212mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 20g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
This recipe is brought to you by collab with Hofer Slovenija.
Get more dessert recipes here >
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using #vibrantplate and tag us @vibrantplate. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our Newsletter – you’ll be notified when we post new recipes, plus you get a free gift from us 💚 A 15-recipe free e-book with our most beloved recipes!